Goethestr. 58, 35390 Giessen
Enrolment of Foreign Students
Enrolment or matriculation takes place at the times given in your Notification of Admission. The mentors in the International Student Advisory Office will provide you with support and assistance during the enrolment process.
You will need to submit the following documents when you enrol:
- Notification of Admission
- If you have already been a student at another German university: your academic transcript ('Studienbuch') with the official note of the time at which you left the last university at which you took courses
- College/University Entrance Certificate (original)
- Proof of health insurance coverage
- Proof that you have passed the DSH (German Language Examination for Foreign Student Applicants), if the Notification of Admission includes this stipulation
- Proof that you have paid the semester contribution, as stipulated in the Notification of Admission
It is advisable to open a local bank account before you enrol. For information on this, see the Info-Table Orientation for Students.
You would like to remove your name from the Register of Students or withdraw your matriculation?
Please hand in the Request for Removal from the Register of Students/Withdrawal of Matriculation.
Learn more about Germany by exploring its cities, towns, and landscapes!