Corpus Linguistics Help
- Please note
The dates for the first three corpus linguistics tutorials in the upcoming winter term have been set. For more information check the tutorials section of CL Help.
During the semester break (vorlesungsfreie Zeit) corpus linguistic office hours move to a bi-weekly schedule! Please check online to see the next dates.
There will be no office hour on August 17! In urgent cases you can send me an email.
If you have feedback regarding the services of CL Help or know any helpful resources for students interested in corpus linguistics, your input is very welcome - just send an e-mail or drop by during office hours!
- Office hour for corpus linguistic projects
- The office hour for corpus linguistic projects is meant to aid students undertaking their own corpus linguistic projects. It focuses on technical support and corpus supply.
- CL Help contact
CL Help contact: Felix Wagner
- Please read the FAQ carefully before seeking advice in the office hour for corpus-linguistic projects - many of your questions will be answered on this page.
- Are you interested in an introduction to working with corpus analysis tools (like Antconc or WordSmith Tools) or do you need help concerning quantitative research and basic statistics? - Join us for one of our tutorials!
- Especially if you are undertaking a larger corpus linguistic project (as for example in your final thesis), you will need further information. This page offers a selected bibliography of books and articles about corpus-linguistic theory and methodology.
- Resources for download
- The material on this page includes introductory readings on corpora and corpus linguistics, a list of all corpora available at the English Linguistics department and guides to working with corpus analysis software.
- Resources on the web
- There are many interesting pages for corpus linguists on the Internet. The following selection of links includes websites with information on corpora and corpus analysis tools and some free, web-accessible corpora.