Maximilian Buyken, Dipl.-Psych.
||Justus Liebig University Gießen, FB 06 Psychology and Sports Science
Work and Organizational Psychology
Otto-Behaghel-Str. 10F, 35394 Giessen, Germany
Room: 401, Building F1, Tel: +49 641-99 26 224
Office hours: by appointment
2011-present Research Assistant & PhD-Student with Prof. Ute-Christine Klehe, PhD
- Work- and Organizational Psychology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany.
- 2011 Research Assistant with Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil. Renate Rau
- Work- and Organizational Psychology, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Germany.
- 2010 Diploma in Psychology
- Thesis: “The relationship between objective work characteristics and job requirements: an approach for personnel selection”; Supervisors: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil. Renate Rau; Dr. rer. nat. Ute Stephan.
- Work and Organizational Psychology, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Germany.
- Dissertation Project: „Career adaptability in a changing world of work“ (Supervisor: Prof. Ute Christine Klehe, PhD)
- Research Interests: Career adaptability in the face of economic stressors, effects of career-related behavior on well-being, occupational health psychology
- Buyken, M. B. W., Klehe, U.-C., & Baum, M. (2013, August). Career exploration as a stepping stone towards vocational identity: a meta-analysis. Paper presented at the 73rd annual meeting of the Academy of Management, Lake Buena Vista (Orlando), Florida, USA.
- Klehe, U.-C., Zikic, J., van Vianen, A. E. M., Koen, J., & Buyken, M. (2012). Coping proactively with economic stressors: Career adaptability in the face of job insecurity, job loss, unemployment, and underemployment. In P. L. Perrewé, J. R. B. Halbesleben & C. C. Rosen (Eds.), The Role of the Economic Crisis on Occupational Stress and Well Being (Research in Occupational Stress and Well-being, Volume 10, pp. 131-176). Bingley: Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- 2013: Best Symposium Award of the Careers Division of the Academy of Management (AoM) for the symposium “A Wise Choice of a Vocation: Career Exploration and Identity” (contributing author).
- 2013: Best reviewer Careers Division. Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2013, Lake Buena Vista (Orlando), Florida
- Applied Psychology: An International Review (Ad Hoc since 2011)
- Reviewer for the Careers Division of the Academy of Management (AoM) for the „73rd Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management“ (9.-13. August 2013; Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL, USA)
- Academy of Management (AoM)
- European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology (EAWOP)
- Occupational health psychology and applied stress management (M. Sc.)
- Theories of work and organizational psychology (B. Sc.)
2011-present Consultant at Manres GmbH (Cologne, Germany / Zurich, Switzerland)
- 2009 Intern at Manres GmbH (Cologne, Germany)
- 2008-2010 Intern & freelancer at Profil M Beratung für Human Resources Management GmbH & Co. KG (Remscheid/Wermelskirchen, Germany)
- 2007 Intern at DB GesundheitsService GmbH (now"dbgs Gesundheitsservice GmbH"; Berlin, Germany)