- Thomson Reuters HIGHLY CITED RESEARCHER
- New funded 3 year project Belmont Forum and JPI-Climate, Collaborative Research Action “INTEGRATE, An integrated data-model study of interactions between tropical monsoons and extra-tropical” together with the Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia und Cold Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou, China)
- New funded 3 year DFG (German Science Foundation) project “The Etesian wind system and energy potential over the Aegean Sea; Past, present, future”
- Obermeier, W.A., Lehnert, L.W., Kammann, C.I, Müller, C., Luterbacher, J., Erbs, M., Yuan, N., and Bendix, J., 2017: Reduced CO2 fertilization in temperate C3 grasslands towards more extreme weather conditions, Nature Clim. Change, 7, 137–141.
- Duan, J., Esper, J., Büntgen, U., Li, L., Xoplaki, E., Zhang, H., Wang, L., Fang, Y., and Luterbacher, J., 2017: Weakening of annual temperature cycle over the Tibetan Plateau since the 1870s. Nature Comm., 8:14008 | DOI: 10.1038/ncomms14008
- Untenecker, J., Tiemeyer B., Freibauer, A., Laggner, A., and Luterbacher, J., 2017: Tracking changes in land use, management and drainage status of organic soils as indicators for the effectiveness of mitigation strategies for climate change. Ecol. Indicators, 72, 459–472.