Satellite Snow-cover Monitoring and Climate Change in the Tianshan Area, P.R. China
- Project Based Personnel Exchange Program (PPP project) supported by:
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and China Scholarship Council (CSC)
- Short term: Tianshan-Snow RS+C
- Project funding: January 2011 to December 2012
General aims of the PPP project:
- Mutual exchange of young scientists from China and Germany.
- Building of a network of German and Chinese scientist between Nanjing and Giessen, also including other German and Chinese universities and research institutions.
The main research aims are:
a) Construction of a satellite snow-cover and water resources information system
b) Snow-cover information extraction from satellite imagery
c) Simulation of snowmelt water and its response to climate change
Project areas for ground truth: Manasi and Aksu sub catchments
- October 2011, joint opening seminar in Nanjing university
- December 2011 to February 28, 2012: visit of Chinese partners for three months.
- Further mutual visits of up to 3 months in Giessen and Nanjing are scheduled until December 2012.
- Institute for Geography, Justus Liebig University, Giessen:
Professor Dr. Lorenz King
Dr. Eliso King
Dipl.-Geogr. Stephan Imbery
- Laboratory of Geographical Information System and Remote Sensing (LGISRS), Nanjing University:
Professor Dr. Feng Xuezhi
Dr. Yin Keli
Dr. Xiao Pengfeng
M.Sc. Li Hui
M.Sc. Lin Jintang