Faculty council - General information
According to the following law "Hessischem Hochschulgesetz (HHG)" the faculty council is responsible for every issue which is not covered by responsibilities of the Dean or another organ. The responsibilities of the Dean are determined by law as well.
Responsibilities of the faculty council are for example:
- Issuing regulations on Examinations or study
- Determination of the structural plan
- Coordination of research projects
- decision on nominations of the appointment committee
- decision on establishing, changing or closing working groups
The faculty council consists of ten members out of the group of professors, five students, three so called "wissenschaftliche Mitglieder" and one so called "administrativ-technisches Mitglied".