Funding & Financial Support
Funding for Events
Eligible: All members of the GCSC, including professors, postdoctoral researchers and PhD candidates
- Step 1: Download the Research Funding Leaflet to see if your event can be funded
- Step 2: Download the “Prozedere und Anträge für Veranstaltungen” and our manual for details on the process. The University of Kassel also provides a very useful handbook on the topic.
- Step 3: Fill in the “Antragsformular für Veranstaltungen” and submit it to Jens Kugele, who will be happy to answer any question you might have on event funding.
- Step 4: The GCSC offers assistance in all PR-related matters. Please refer to the following guidelines for promoting your events.
Please contact Dr. Jens Kugele for further details:
+49 – 641 – 99 30053
Applying for Travel Grants
Eligible: PhD student members and postdoctoral fellows
- Step 1: Download and consult the Travel Grant Leaflet for details on the process.
- Step 2: Download and fill out the Travel Grant Application Form, add the required documents outlined in the form and send the complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: To fill in the form please use Adobe Reader.
If we have any questions regarding your travel claim, you will receive feedback from the Graduate Studies team before we officially pass it on to the Executive Board.
If you work at the JLU (except as a “Wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft”), please find the “Dienstreiseanzeige” form here, which you may submit along with your application directly.
Third Party Funding Advice
We offer advice on acquiring third party funding:
Contact Jörn Ahrens, if you want to apply at Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft DFG, Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung, Thyssen-Stiftung or DAAD.
If you are not yet a member of the GCSC and wish to apply for a GCSC scholarship, please see our admission process.
Dr.-Herbert-Stolzenberg-Award for the Study of Culture
On initiative of the Dr.-Herbert-Stolzenberg Foundation and the President of Justus-Liebig University Giessen, the GCSC grants awards for the advancement of research merits to outstanding young scholars. Click for further information.
Applying for Career Development Grant
Eligible: PhD student members
The GCSC career development grant allows members of the GCSC who are about to complete or have recently completed their doctoral project to develop and work on a postdoctoral research project with which they will apply for a postdoctoral position. It aims at advancing equal opportunities and considers the various personal circumstances which may influence and limit a young researcher's access to the academic work market as well as the limited representation of women in academia from the postdoctoral level upwards.
Please contact Sonja Schillings for further details:
+49 – 641 – 99 30056