Half-day trip to Braunfels
|You will visit a beautiful little town full of half-timbered medieval
houses dominated by a romantic castle. There will be a guided tour of
the castle which is looking like in a fairy tale. The more than 800
years old complex is traditionally family owned, stores many art
treasures and collectibles of the family related to the Queen of Great
Britain. The town has a lot of attractive historic houses and offers
many cafes, restaurants and little shops to relax and invites everybody
to come back one more.
Half-day trip to Marburg
|The historic Old UpperTown area below the dominating castle houses many
famous and beautiful buildings and places remembering historic events.
The traditional and well known Philipps-University was founded in 1527.
One of his scientists, Emil von Behring was the first Nobel prize winner
in medizine. You can explore the town and the castle for many hours,
enjoying beautiful views and relax and recover taking advantage of more
than 100 pubs.
printable tour guide: http://www.marburg.de/sixcms/media.php/19/MTM_MaeB_GB_web.pdf
Day-trip to Limburg and a boat tour on the Lahn river
|The beautiful medieval town is dominated by the romanic cathedral
founded 1235 overlooking the
Lahn river passing by. It is one of the most impressive churches in
Germany. Nearby you can stroll
through many small streets with historic houses, nice restaurants and
specialty shops. After a downtown tour you will go on board of a river
cruise on the narrow Lahn river overlooking a nice landscape and passing
small historic villages.
The above offered tours require a minimum number of 8-10 participants. Please submit your interest and preferred dates as soon as possible. The final fee will strongly depend on the size of the group. The suggestions below can be arranged almost individually.
Giessen: Guided walking tour (3 – 4 hours)
- Guided walking tour (3 – 4 hours)
- Exploring the Liebig-Museum: Visiting the original laboratory of Justus von Liebig, who was the founder of modern Chemistry.The tour of the exhibition will be illustrated with presented chemical experiments. (2-3 hours)
In addition we can help arranging and providing information for many individual excursions to:
- Wetzlar and the historical places remembering Wolfgang von Goethe
- A train trip to Frankfurt, the business and culture center with many exciting museums and theaters.
- A short trip to Lich, a historic town very close to Giessen. There is also the possibility to arrange a tour to one of the most popular German breweries.
Most of the tours will be organized by a local travel agency.