12. What will happen if a class is cancelled?
If there are not enough participants for a particular class, ahs may combine it with another or cancel it entirely. If there is no substitute class, participants will receive a full refund of the class fee. Participants are not entitled to demand that a class takes place.
If individual sessions are cancelled, e.g. if the course instructor is ill, ahs will attempt to find a substitute instructor or else arrange for a make-up session.
ahs is not obliged to offer a make-up session in the case of a cancelled session
- if the day of the class is a public holiday,
- if the class instructor cannot attend and ahs is unable to find a qualified substitute at short notice or to offer alternative classes or to find a date for a make-up session,
- if classes are disrupted (by construction work, renovation, repairs etc.),
- if the sports facility concerned has been booked for competitions, in-house training or other events,
- owing to adverse weather conditions,
- owing to an Act of God.
If you cancel attendance of a workshop and/or excursions you have booked or if you wish your place to be taken by a substitute, you must inform the ahs in writing. If your cancellation is received 14 days or later before the class is due to begin, ahs will retain the full fee. (The date of receipt stamped on your letter by the ahs office applies.)