Overview of services and program
University facilities at Campus Kugelberg
The university facilities including three university gyms, beach volleyball and tennis courts, athletic tracks, soccer fields and indoor swimming pool are for university students and staff only. For further information concerning these facilities, please click here.
If you are interested in one (or more) of our sports classes, you can enroll online. To join a sports program, you will have to buy the ahs-Ticket first.
- students (University of Giessen, THM and Philipps-Universität Marburg): € 10
- staff members (University of Giessen): € 17
- external parties: € 35 (separate registration and only possible if spare places are available)
Dates for next enrollment
- Program published online:
- Taster week (trial sessions):
- Registration online:
October 23th (8, 10, 12 am – depends on course type)
We offer four programs during the year, two per half year:
- Winter Semester: end of Oct until mid Feb (around 13-14 weeks)
- Winter Break: end of Feb until mid April (around 6-7 weeks)
- Summer Semester: end of April until mid July (around 13-14 weeks)
- Summer Break: start of Aug/Sept until mid Oct (around 6-10 weeks)
After buying the ahs-Ticket (€ 10 / € 17 / € 35), you will be able to enroll in all our courses. The online registration process is explained below.
There are two types of courses:
- Courses which require only the ahs-Ticket
- Courses which require a participation fee (in addition to the ahs-Ticket)
In the course description you will find detailed information regarding the fees. There is a fee for aqua and swimming classes so you can use the swimming pool. This fee is included in the course fee (for example in the course fee for "Schwimmen").
Please take into account that the fee of the ahs-Ticket and the course fee are non-refundable unless the entire course is cancelled or there was a mistake on our part.
Registering and paying the fee of the ahs-Ticket and the participation fee (if prescribed) for a certain class entitle you to attend this class for the whole duration of the program. For example, if you register for volleyball in the winter semester on Mondays 8-9 pm, you can attend the same class every Monday for 14 weeks.