- 11th Annual GGL Conference 2018
The GGL doctoral researchers of all nine interdisciplinary research sections will contribute to the programme and present their recent research results. Each session will be opened by a guest speaker who is an expert in the specific field and will be followed by the talks of the doctoral students. For each session 1 - 2 doctoral researchers will present their work in oral presentations. In two poster exhibitions all members of the GGL will introduce their research projects..
- Lehre 4.0
The use of new media in the university can mean many benefits for teachers and students alike. But some questions may pop up: Which possibilities does new technology offer for the support of my teachings? What about legal issues?With our E-Learning Lunch Bag Sessions, it is our aim to offer you help, the possibility for exchange with your colleagues and maybe the inspiration for new ideas. The event will take place on a regular basis starting upcoming winter semester 2018/2019.
- Wege in die Promotion 2018
Most people interested in graduation ask the same questions: Where should I start? How do I finance my PhD-project and most important: Does a doctoral degree really match with my personal interests?
Like every year, the GGL joint forces with several teaching centres and organisations to deliver some answers. In “Wege in die Promotion 2018” we address financing, organisation and the local peculiarities of a graduation at the JLU. The event takes place on 22 June at the Aula of the JLU, Ludwigstraße 23 from 1 p.m to 4 p.m. The event will be held completely in German.
- Entrepreneurship Weeks 2018
You have a brilliant idea that you want to sell? You invented something or have a specific business idea? You are planning to build your own startup company and you don’t know how?
We plan for a couple of seminars and workshops that will help you!
Sign up if you are interested to visit our Entrepreneurship weeks between 24.04. and 09.05.2018
- GGL Career Day 2018
- Please save the date for our upcoming annual GGL Career Day on the 15th February 2018. Your life as a young researcher is filled with practical laboratory work, field studies or statistics. As much as this is a central element of your path to a doctoral degree now, you might later switch to more administrative and organisational jobs, where you will spend less time at the “bench” and more “on the desk”. This year’s GGL career day will especially focus on these future positions offered in industry, academia and public services.
- Graduation and Kick-Off 2017
- Congratulations to our GGL graduates of 2017 and thank you for being a part of the GGL community! The festive handover of the certificates was the highlight of our graduation and kick-off ceremony at the auditorium of the JLU main building on 29th November.
- Life Science Bridges Networking Week, July 2017
- The "Life Science Bridges" networking week provided our international alumni with workshops and hand on experience in networking and building of cross-border collaborations with academic and economic research institutions. After a fruitful week of workshops and meetings with newly established contacts and strengthened existing collaborations, we are saying farewell to our guest. It was a pleasure having you hear and we are happy to welcome you back any time!
- GGL Career Day 2017
- Are you at the end of your doctoral degree and unsure whether you should stay at the university or pursue a career in the industry? Then you may find your answers at the 8th GGL Career Day on 16th of February 2017. Get in touch with possible employers both from the industry and academia and get to know careers from GGL Alumis. Listen to the advantages and disadvantages of both career pathways and find the way which suits you the most!
- GGL Graduation and Kick-Off 2016
- Congratulation to all our GGL Graduates. We wish them the best and welcome our new doctoral students in the GGL. We are looking forward to work with you over the next three years. Thank you to all who joined the Graduation and had a great time.
- 9th Annual GGL Conference 2016
- The International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences invites you to the 9th GGL Conference from 20 - 21 September, 2016
- GGL Career Day 2016
- What is your dream job? To find the answer to this question and to know how to get there you might need some time to prepare and some good suggestions as well. Our GGL Career Day will give some interesting impulses on possible job profiles and employers. So take part in our 7th Career Day dealing with Careers from Local to Global and find out about your possibilities here in Hesse as well as all over the world!
- Wege in die Promotion 2015
- For all who are interested in a graduate programm the event "Wege in die Promotion" is a first chance to learn more about doctoral programmes at the JLU.The graduates center of the JLU will introduce their programmes and give you an insight in what to expect.
- GGL Career Day 2015
- You have recently graduated or are close to your graduation? Then you should take the opportunity to get an insight what the industry offers you. The GGL is providing it's 6th Career Day with the topic Pathways into Industry, to inform you about various options regarding your further career.
- GGL Graduation and Kick-Off 2014
- Congratulation to all our GGL Graduates. Thank you to all who joined the Graduation and Welcome ceremony on Thursday 27th November. We hope you enjoyed the festivity and had a great time. We wish all the best to our graduates who received their certificates and welcome our new doctoral students in the GGL. We are looking forward to work with you for the next three years.
- Career Day 2014
- If you’re considering a career in academia after graduation, you will find a broad range of different options. But what are the differences between those options? And where can you get funding for a postdoctoral position? Our GGL Career Day is here to guide you through the academic career maze.
- GGL Career Day 2013
- Now is the time to start planning your life after graduation, and the GGL is here to help you find your way into a career that suits you.
- GGL Career Day 2012 - Your Path Into Industry
- The topic of the third GGL Career Day is “Your Path into Industry”. It will take place on Feb. 15, 2012, in the Main Building of the JLU. What do industrial employers offer and expect? How can I find a job and what kinds of careers are out there? To answer these questions and many more around this topic, we are offering a comprehensive program of presentations with representatives from well-known companies, information booths, and workshops.
- GGL Graduation and Kick-Off 2011
- This year's graduation ceremony and kick-off took place in the aula of the JLU main building on Tuesday, the 8th November 2011. The ceremony started at 5 pm. and 20 doctoral students were given their final certificates, while 33 new GGL members were welcomed. The ceremony was furthermore enriched by a multicultural orchestra as well as by the GGL's very own organist, Sebastian Dold. After the ceremony followed a champagne reception and finger food celebration in the foyer.