GGS-Workshop "Introduction to the peer review process: A Workshop for early career researchers"
20.04.2018 um 10:00 bis
27.04.2018 um 17:00
|Wo||Seminar room 315, University Main Buidling, 3rd Floor. Ludwigstrasse 23, 35390 Giessen|
|Kontakttelefon||0641 99 2137 2|
Most new academics will sooner or later participate in the peer review process – both as authors and
as reviewers. It is thus increasingly important to understand the formal and informal rules of the peer
review system. This workshop transmits such theoretical knowledge and practical competences.
Some of the core questions we will deal with are:
- What makes a good research article – and what makes a good peer review?
- What is an impact factor? What is the H-index?
- Which types of peer review do exist?
- Which ethical aspects need to be considered when doing a peer review?
- What is a DOI?
- What are key points of criticism of the current peer review system?
- How can I become a peer reviewer?