International Spring Course
- International Spring Course
For all students beginning their period of study in the Summer Semester, there is a three-week German intensive course in March/April (2018: March 1 - March 23).
The course is tailor-made for international students, students on exchange programmes (Erasmus+, ISAP, ...), visiting scholars as well as PhD students. All aged 18+ can participate.
The Spring Course contains 60 hours of instruction and carries 3 ECTS points.
The language classes focus on Grammar, cultural studies, text production, communication, and vocabulary.
A special feature of the course is the individual tutoring by our student mentors. This way you not only get to know the university, you will also learn about Giessen and environs as well as everyday life in Giessen. The spring course additionally offers field trips to different locations in all over Germany as well as exciting work shops.
The course includes:
- practice-oriented language courses conducted by highly qualified teachers (60 sessions of 45 min.)
- learning materials
- a bus ticket (travel by bus in Giessen as often as you like) for the duration of the course
- pick-up service from Giessen's train station
- rechargeable electronic card for student cafeterias and student restaurants
- support by our well-trained student mentors
- free internet access at Justus Liebig University Giessen for the duration of the course
- work shops such as Zumba, Salsa, etc.
In this course, which prepares you for handling German in a study context, there is a particular focus on grammar, vocabulary, and text production. Our mentors are there to help you get acquainted with student life in Giessen. You will also have the chance to participate in exciting excursions.
You can download this year's programme and the exact dates in our current schedule. The deadline for registration is 15 January.
- Important information on insurances