Application via uni-assist
Applications for a German intensive course in preparation for academic study are possible anytime via uni-assist! More information on language courses and how to apply
Please apply as early as possible via uni-assist in order to avoid long waiting periods.
Please include the following documents in your application to uni-assist:
- an officially certified copy (i.e., a copy stating that it was made by authorized persons) of your school-leaving certificate (this may in certain cases take the form of a listing of the subject grades achieved in your last year of school; if applicable, also an academic transcript and/or diploma from a university already attended) and a translation of these documents (into English or German). Translations are only accepted from accredited translators who are authorized to issue official translations in their respective home country. We accept documents in German and English.
Please note: we also accept officially certified copies of authorized translations - you do not have to send us the original translation.
- applicants for a Master's programme also need an officially certified copy (i.e., a copy stating that it was made by authorized persons) of the complete Transcript of Records and the Bachelor's certificate as well as their translation (if applicable - we accept documents in English or German) by accredited translators (i.e., translators who are authorized to issue official translations in their respective home country). Please note: we also accept officially certified copies of authorized translations - you do not have to send us the original translation.
- proof of your officially certified language proficiency. If you do not have sufficient German language proficiency, you can answer the question regarding the preparatory German language course in the online application with "yes" (this is the last question of the online application) and participate in one of our renowned German intensive language courses in preparation for academic study.
- a copy of the page in your passport showing your name and passport photo
- payment to uni-assist
- (please register with uni-assist before filling in the online application for Justus Liebig University Giessen). Additionally to the online application, please send your complete application documents (including a printout of your online application) to uni-assist.
Please send your complete application documents to:
c/o uni-assist e.V.
Please note: your complete documentation can only be processed after you have transferred the administrative fee to uni-assist's bank account!
If your application is deemed to be complete and satisfactory, uni-assist will send it on to us at JLU's International Office. You will then receive from us either a Confirmation of Admission or other information. Please allow 4-6 weeks handling time.
If your documents have failed to meet the formal requirements, your documents remain in uni-assist's files. Should you wish to apply again, you can then repeat your application, where necessary with fresh documentation. If you are in doubt about the correctness of the evaluation carried out by uni-assist, please inquire directly at JLU's Admissions Office. JLU Giessen reserves the right to make any final decision on acceptance or rejection of an application for admission to a degree program.