Courses of Study at JLU
- Courses of Study at JLU
All international study programs of JLU
You can also download a general overview of courses of study at JLU together with JLU's international programs of study. For information on the admission procedure please click here.
- No Tuition Fees
As a public university, JLU Giessen does not charge tuition fees (except for the Master's course in Global Change, taught in English)! You only pay a semester contribution covering the costs for the student body, student services, and the unlimited use of public transport in Giessen and large parts of Hessen (semester ticket).
- All Courses of Study at JLU from A-Z
- (not including doctoral degree courses)
- All Courses of Study Taught in English
Master of Arts
- Anglophone Studies (Master of Arts)
(can be studied in English OR in German and English)
(Master of Arts)
Master of Science
- Global Change: Ecosystem Science and Policy (joint degree) (Master of Science)
- (Master of Science)
- Transition Management (Master of Science)
- State Examination Degree Programmes
- State examination degree programmes offered by JLU Giessen are teaching degree programmes as well as law and all courses of study in the area of medicine.
- Teaching Degree Programmes
- The modularized teaching degree programmes end with the first state examination in Hesse. The next step is the period of work as a trainee teacher (Referendariat). The Referendariat ends with the second state examination.
- International Programmes of Study at JLU
- Justus Liebig University is highly committed to internationalization, and offers a broad range of Bachelor’s and Master’s programs that include courses held in English.
- Doctoral Studies
- The conferral of a doctorate proves that you are able to work independently and in-depth on a scientific project. It allows you to bear the academic title "Dr.".