Enrolment of Foreign Students
You will need to submit the following documents when you enrol:
- Notification of Admission
- If you have already been a student at another German university: your academic transcript ('Studienbuch') with the official note of the time at which you left the last university at which you took courses
- College/University Entrance Certificate (original)
- Proof of
- Proof that you have passed the DSH (German Language Examination for Foreign Student Applicants), if the Notification of Admission includes this stipulation
- Proof that you have paid the semester contribution, as stipulated in the Notification of Admission. As a public university, JLU Giessen does not charge tuition fees (except for the Master's course in Global Change, taught in English)! You only pay a covering the costs for the student body, student services, and the unlimited use of public transport in Giessen and large parts of Hessen (semester ticket).
It is advisable to open a local bank account before you enrol. For information on this, see the Info-Table Orientation for Students.