Curriculum Vitae (CV): your CV should be in table form. A picture is not necessary.
- Letter of Motivation (in German or English): Explain briefly (ca. 1 DIN A4 page) and clearly why you decided to spend a period abroad, which (academic and scientific) goals you are trying to achieve and how your stay will be integrated in your study schedule. Please specify how you prepare for your stay abroad (e.g. language courses, intercultural seminars, etc.).
- The proof of sufficient language proficiency must concern the working language of your chosen host institution. The following language certificates are accepted: (you can obtain the DAAD-Sprachnachweis at the ZfbK; please also see our FAQ number 10), TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, Cambridge ESOL Examination, UNIcert, DELE and DELF, PTE. At the time of application your test results should not be older than 4 years. If you did not obtain a language proficency test, please hand one in later until 29 June 2018 (12:00)! Prerequisite to hand in your proof of sufficient language proficiency is a registration confirmation which needs to be attached to your application.
- FlexNow Excerpt has to be signed and stamped by the examination office. You can also hand in an intermediate degree certificate. Master's students also submit a simple copy of the Bachelor's certificate. Students of the following courses of study can generate online a FlexNow document which is valid without signature:
- B.A./B.Sc. BWL/VWL,
- M.A./M.Sc. BWL/VWL
- Diplom (Business Administration)
- B.Sc/M.Sc Biology
- B.Sc. Agricultural Sciences, Nutritional Sciences, Nutritional Sciences and Home Economics, Environmental Management
- M.Sc. Agricultural and Resource Economics, Food Economics, Livestock Sciences, Environmental Scienes
- M.Sc. Beverage Technology, Oenology, Wine Economics
- B.Sc./M.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc./M.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc./M.Sc. Geography
- B.Sc./M.Sc. Humans- Climate- Paleoenvironment
- B.Sc./M.Sc.Economic Geography and Spatial Development Policy
- B.Sc./M.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc./M.Sc. Food Chemistry
- B.Sc./M.Sc. Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- B.Sc. Physical Acitivity and Health
- M.Sc. Biomechanics-Motor Skill-Human Motion Analysis
- M.Sc. Clinical Sport Physiology and Sport Therapy
- B.Sc./M.Sc. Psychology
- Letter of acceptance by the hosting institution/company
Your letter of acceptance can be submitted via email, Fax or by mail. Your confirmation should include your complete name, date of birth, the number of working days during your internship, the working language and your salary (if applicable).
- Confirmation of recognition of the internship: If you are completing a compulsory internship, please submit the form "Confirmation of recognition of the internship" with your application documents, which must be signed by the faculty.
- Learning Agreement: Before embarking on your period of study abroad, please discuss which courses you are going to take at the host institution with your departmental coordinator at JLU. If possible, make sure that theses courses/seminars can be accepted as part of your obligatory curriculum at JLU. Please note: changes may occur any time at your host university. Your learning agreement nevertheless has to be filled in with the information available from the course lists from your host institution. Please make sure that your learning agreement will be signed afterwards by the respective JLU EU-/ECTS-representative or study coordinator of your department or by another authority responsible for mobility at your faculty. The Learning Agreement should be submitted by the start of your stay abroad, but at the latest together with the Certificate of Arrival.
- Informal confirmation of the thesis by your supervisor: During a research stay to prepare a thesis, please submit an informal endorsement by your supervisor at JLU and a letter of invitation from the host institution.
Please note that you have to submit your application within the deadline. Applications that are incomplete or handed in late cannot be considered!
Meike Röhl | Anne Landsiedel
Justus Liebig University Giessen
International Office – PROMOS –
Phone: +49 (0)641-99 12136