Students can finance their stay abroad with a country-specific monthly scholarship of currently € 300, € 400 or € 500 within the PROMOS Programme of the German Academic Exchange Service.
Due to additional funds provided by JLU Giessen the best applications 2018 can be supported by additional country-specific travel allowances. We can now support more applicants - according to eligibility. Eligible for application are all officially enrolled students of JLU Giessen (enrolled as students in a Bachelor's or Master's, Diploma or state examination programme) who:
a) possess German citizenship
b) are coequal to German citizens according to law § 8 Absatz 1 Ziffer 2 ff., Absatz 2, 2a and 3 BAföG (the exact wording of the law is decisive and can be found on ).
c) do not possess German citizenship, but are completing a full course of studies at JLU Giessen (degree-seeking international students).
Please note: persons belonging to group a) or b) are not eligible for funding if they intend to spend their stay abroad in their home country.
You can apply for the following scholarships:
- Study abroad scholarships for stays in non-Erasmus-countries (min. 1 month - max. 6 months)
- Scholarships for internships in non-Erasmus-countries (min. 6 weeks - max. 6 months)
- Scholarships for research stays for preparing your final paper/thesis at universities or companies (min. 1 month - max. 6 months)
- Scholarships for summer/winter schools (min. 1 weeks – 6 weeks)
- Scholarships for study trips/ excursions
Applications for a stay abroad at one of JLU’s partner universities (non-Erasmus-countries) are especially welcome!
- Selection Criteria
How are candidates chosen?
What are the criteria?
- Comprehensible description of the motivation
- Feasibility and plausibility of the stay
- Academic record
- Language skills
- Personal commitment
- Intercultural preparation of stay (e.g. intercultural training)
Applicants who have not been funded by PROMOS before will receive priority funding if they are equally suitable.
- Application (//// )
- Please read our
- Informationen for current PROMOS Scholarship Holders
Meike Röhl | Anne Landsiedel
Tel: 0641-99 12136/66