Information for Scholarship Holders
Below you will find step by step instructions on how to proceed with the required documents while you are abroad and after you return.
1.The first document you have to hand in is the notice of acceptance, please note the deadline in your acceptance email.
- With the notice of acceptance, as a PROMOS scholarship holder you are obliged to hand in the required documents at JLU’s International Office unrequestedly and in time in order to receive the full payment of your scholarship. You are also obliged to (fully or partially) refund the scholarship should you abort your project early or disregard PROMOS regulations.
2. Certificate of Arrival (CoA)
Please have your Certificate of Arrival (CoA) signed and stamped by your host institution (International office, internship coordinator, language teacher, etc.) and send it to us via mail, fax or , preferably about one week after you have arrived at your host institution.
The payment of the scholarship depends on the submission of a signed and stamped Certificate of Arrival.
Please note that the scholarship is intended for the actual period of study / internship / research project. If you intend to travel around in your host country before or after your stay you can do so, but these travels cannot form a part of the scholarship, of course. You are required to notify us immediately should the dates of your stay change or should you have to terminate your stay before completion.
3. At the end of your stay please have your Certificate of Departure (CoD) signed and stamped by a person in charge at your host institution and hand it in one week after your return at the latest.
4. Having returned from your trip abroad, please sign the field report (Erfahrungsbericht).
5. Depending on your type of mobility (study, internship or research), please hand in a copy of the certificates you have received (transcript of records, work placement certificate etc.).
Note for research projects abroad, that are not linked to a specific department or institute: If it is not possible to confirm your stay abroad, please contact
We wish you a pleasant stay abroad!
Meike Röhl (interim contact: Laura Lizarazo) | Anne Landsiedel
Phone: +49 (0)641 -99 12136/66