Departure from Giessen
Things to Do Before and After Your Departure
We hope you had a wonderful time in Giessen! Before you leave there are some things you should not forget to do. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
- Terminate your tenancy agreement in time and make an appointment with your landlord for handing over the flat/apartment. Make sure you get your deposit back.
- Terminate your insurances, contracts for electricity, telephone, internet, broadcasting fees, etc.
- Give notice of your departure to the Stadtbüro (where you registered your place of residence)
- Close your bank account in case you will not need it any more
- Give us your new contact details and become a JLU
We would be happy to be able to welcome you again soon!
Please give us your feedback! Did you like our service?
More information on future research stays in Gemany can be found here.