Executive Board of Justus Liebig University Giessen
- Prof. Dr. Joybrato Mukherjee has been President of JLU since 16 December 2009. On 1 January 2012 he also became Vice-President of the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).
- Vice-President for Learning and Teaching
- Prof. Dr. Verena Dolle has been on the Board since 15 December 2015 in her capacity of Vice-President for Learning and Teaching.
- Vice-President for Research and Graduate Studies
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Peter Kämpfer took up office on the Board on 22 November 2015. His portfolio is Research and supporting early career researchers.
- Vice-President for Academic Infrastructure
- Since April 2012, Prof. Dr. Peter Winker has had strategic responsibility for the resources required in today’s academic life for teaching and research.
- Director of Finance and Administration
- Susanne Kraus qualified as a lawyer and attained a senior rank at the Regional Council of Darmstadt. She was also previously Head of the Legal Department at JLU and joined the Executive Board on 1 December 2014.
The Executive Board of JLU leads the University in accordance with the Hessian University Law (HHG) and is responsible for all matters which are not expressly allocated to other bodies by the HHG. It promotes the university’s internal and external development with the participation of the University Council, the Faculties and members of the university. The Board presents an annual management account to the Senate. The President chairs the Executive Board, is responsible for its policy, is the University staff superior and the external representative of the University. Next to the President, the Vice-Presidents and the Director of Administration and Finance are also members of the Executive Board. The Director of Administration and Finance leads the University administration according to the policy made by the Executive Board and is responsible for the budget.