The stipulations of the third party sponsor's funding approval and contract contain binding tasks when it comes to requesting funds. Corresponding forms are often enclosed in the funding approval notification. The funds are generally requested directly by the project leader from Department D (Section D 2).
- With R&D contracts, the funds are requested according to the payment plan.
federal funding approval notifications, the money for two months in
advance must be requested with the forms that come with the
notification. With every payment new forms are sent. The forms for the
new budget year are sent with the forms for the interim verification.
This must be sent with the first payment request to the financer.
With the DFG, the money must be requested when needed anywhere from one to three months in advance through Department D (Section D 2).
- For EU projects the funds are paid without a request according to the contract stipulations.
- In all cases (except for EU and DAAD projects), a copy of the funding request along with the project number must be sent to Department D (Section D 2).
- Upon receiving money, the amount will be credited to the project account.
- Excess liquidity during the project should be avoided in order to prevent potential interest demands from the sponsor to JLU (please observe the respective grant stipulations).