Research Projects from Emeriti/Retirees
Applications for funding of research projects made by emeriti/retirees will be handled as follows:
- The application generally must be submitted through official channels to the president two weeks prior to the deadline set by the project sponsor.
- The applicant must submit a cost calculation containing upcoming costs to the university during the project (costs for renting space as well as utilities, costs for the shared use of personnel).
- The Research Office gets a technical statement relating to the utilization of resources (space, media usage, personnel) from the responsible departments as well as from the dean or institution leader.
- The cost calculation is then submitted to the dean's office with the question of whether the faculty will take over the costs of the research project and also the cost center responsibility (by the dean) with its own budget.
- For applications according to standard DFG procedures and R&D contracts, this regulation applies accordingly.