Document Actions

Registration with the Municipal Authorities

When you shift your location within Germany, you are obliged to notify the authorities in the place where you have taken up residence; this must be done within a week of arrival. This means that you must seek accommodation upon your arrival and sign a rent contract.

Registration of residency takes place at the Giessen Town Hall:

Stadtbüro der Stadt Gießen
Berliner Platz 1
35390 Gießen

Opening times:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00–18:00
Friday: 8:00–12:00
Saturday: 10:00–13:0

Please bring your I.D. or passport and the confirmation of your landlord that you have moved in with you.

Here, too, you can rely on the support of our mentors during the Orientation Week.