Using software from the Lab
Most of the software (click here for a list) can only be used in the library.
There are two exceptions to this rule:
- You can borrow software with "C D" shelf marks ("Didaktik") at the front desk of the library and use them at home.
- You can also borrow linguistics software and newspapers ("C LD" shelf marks) and work with them at home. However, you need to visit the to borrow them.
If you wish to work with a program in the Computer Lab, follow these steps:
- Borrow the software at the front desk or in the Corpus Linguistics Office Hour ("C LD" shelf marks). If you need headsets, you can also obtain them at the library's front desk.
- Sign in on one of the computers in the Lab, using your s-/g- ID and password.
- Due to licence regulations we are not allowed to install the software on more than one work station. As there are five work stations, we ask that you install the software yourself. The installation files and your personal data will be deleted when shutting down and booting up the computer.
(Detailed instructions for installing software can be found on printouts in the Computer Lab.)