Resources for download
Download a list of available corpora
The list of corpora available at the University of Gießen includes information on contents, corpus size and shelf marks ("Signaturen"). The corpora are also listed in the relevant section of the library catalogue (section C LD).
A password is required to access all other downloadable materials on this website! Every student of English linguistics at JLU can easily obtain the password: simply visit theor request it via e-mail.
Once you have the password, you can enter the page:
You will find:
- A Guide to Corpus Linguistics: information on corpora and corpus linguistics - a general introduction plus sample analyses and many helpful examples
- Corpora and their use: a very brief introduction to corpus linguistics
- step-by-step guides on using AntConc and WordSmith (corpus analysis software)
- corpus manuals for almost all corpora available at the university, containing information on design principles, data collection, contents, annotation and mark-up,... - what you need to know before you start working with one of these corpora!
- some corpora you can use for your linguistic projects (containing literary works, e.g. by Austen, Shakespeare,...)