Corpus Linguistics Help
- Please note
The corpus linguistics tutorials are now digitally available. Please, check Stud.IP to join each tutorial in order to access the material.
Due to the current COVID-19 precautions, the upcoming planned office hours have to be cancelled. For corpus linguistics related questions, contact me via mail. For lengthy/in depth questions, please, feel free to make a phone call appointment.
If you have feedback regarding the services of CL Help or know any helpful resources for students interested in corpus linguistics, your input is very welcome - just send an e-mail or drop by during office hours!
- Office hour for corpus linguistic projects
- The office hour for corpus linguistic projects is meant to aid students undertaking their own corpus linguistic projects. It focuses on technical support and corpus supply.
- CL Help contact
CL Help Contact: Billie Anjellyn Craig
- Please read the FAQ carefully before seeking advice in the office hour for corpus-linguistic projects - many of your questions will be answered on this page.
- Are you interested in an introduction to working with corpus analysis tools (like Antconc or WordSmith Tools) or do you need help concerning quantitative research and basic statistics? - Join us for one of our tutorials!
- Especially if you are undertaking a larger corpus linguistic project (as for example in your final thesis), you will need further information. This page offers a selected bibliography of books and articles about corpus-linguistic theory and methodology.
- Resources for download
- The material on this page includes introductory readings on corpora and corpus linguistics, a list of all corpora available at the English Linguistics department and guides to working with corpus analysis software.
- Resources on the web
- There are many interesting pages for corpus linguists on the Internet. The following selection of links includes websites with information on corpora and corpus analysis tools and some free, web-accessible corpora.