BA/MA Support Programme: 16th September, 12 PM
What is the thesis support programme?
This meeting is intended to help students formulate a concrete project for their upcoming final thesis. Together with Prof. Olson, we will discuss helpful tips about finding a central topic and a title for your BA/MA thesis. This program is open to linguistic and didactics students, as well as ones in literary and cultural studies. The deadline for registering your BA/MA thesis (SLK, MFKW, NFF, Komparatistik, MSF, Anglophone Studies) is September 30th. Together, we will guide you and your thesis from its inception to its registration and offer help during your writing process.
Further information on the deadlines: https://www.uni-giessen.de/fbz/paemter/gwiss/mitarbeiter/koob/jko We highly encourage international students and those who have yet to write a term paper to attend our meeting.
How will it work?
We will be using a digital conference room (Cisco Webex) for our meeting. This way, we can see and talk to each other, meaning webcams and/or microphones are highly encouraged, but using your phone will
work as well.
- The link for our online room is: https://uni-giessen.webex.com/meet/kai.u.schmehl
- You may click the link above to begin setting up your computer to use Webex. Depending on if you used it before, you might have to download the software and allow it to use your camera/microphone, then return to the link.
- I will open the room ten minutes before 12 o’clock, which is when you will be able to join.
- Follow the instructions from Webex and enter your name (you do not need to add your e-mail address).
- Should you run into any technical trouble, please try clicking the link again and/or check your system preferences. Should you still have issues, please contact me at: Kai.U.Schmehl@anglistik.uni-giessen.de
After our initial group meeting, we will have individual office hours scheduled to offer personal guidance and help you with any questions you might have. We will also send you supplementary material with helpful tips and are always available via E-Mail.