We want to make sure that, for you, studying in Giessen does not only mean improving your German skills but also making new friends, experiencing ‘the German way of life’, and having a good time.
- The Study Buddy Programme will assist you by matching you with a Giessen student who will be happy to help you to cut red tape.
- The pages of the international office provide a wealth of information on registring, language courses etc.
- For general information on studying in Germany we recommend the DAAD's webportal "Study in Germany".
- Giessen University's IT Service Centre (Hochschulrechenzentrum or: HRZ) provides an English-language guide to the JLU's electronic systems. You can download the Setup brochure here.
- Frequently asked questions about the JLU's student ID card and the Student Account are answered here.
We hope you will enjoy your stay in Gießen.
For any further questions do not hesitate to!