Dear students, you are welcome to apply for a Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis in the department at the corresponding deadlines.
The specific topics will be developed collaboratively with the responsible supervisor.
Possible subject areas are:
- Prediction of psychotherapy processes, outcomes, and drop-out
- Are some patients more predictable than others?
- Ecological momentary assessment and personalized interventions in subclinical samples
- Identification of typical patient profiles, which may be used for prediction
- Do similar patients respond similarly to psychotherapy?
- Why are some therapists more effective than others?
- Heart rate variability in therapists
Mechanisms and processes of change
- Which processes change during successful psychotherapy?
- Examples of mechanisms/processes: therapeutic relationship/alliance, emotion regulation strategies, dysfunctional cognitions, interpersonal patterns
Measurement of change and therapeutic processes
- How can psychotherapeutic change be measured?
- Individualized vs. standardized measurement
- Direct vs. indirect measurement of change
Meta-analysis on various topics
You are welcome to conduct a meta-analysis on a topic of your choosing at any time. Working in a team of 2 people to conduct a meta-analysis is prefereable and recommended.
How does the application process work?
* Students in the clinical psychology specialization (see e-mail bulletin):
Please note the respective deadlines!
Please send your electronic application with a short curriculum vitae (including details of your high school degree), a copy of your BSc-transcripts, a FlexNow printout of your previous achievements in the psychology MSc, and a brief indication of your ranked preferences with regards to the subject area to (email@example.com)
Applications with 1st priority for the Rubel department should include:
- Short letter of motivation (as part of the e-mail, no need for a separate file attachment)
- Short curriculum vitae (including information details about high school diploma and/or final grades)
- 1st semester MSc-transcript (FlexNow screenshot is sufficient)
- Brief indication of the topic(s) of interest
Note for students not focusing in clinical psychology:
3-4 Master’s theses will be available for students not focusing in clinical psychology.
Please send your application (curriculum vitae, short letter of motivation, FlexNow printout, psychology BSc-transcript, preferred topic(s) of interest) electronically directly to Prof. Rubel