Sonja Geiger Dr.
- Psychological behavioural models of sustainable consumption behaviors
- Health aspects of sustainable lifestyles: mindfulness, health behaviour and well-being
- Subjective time perception and sustainability: time pressure and present-centeredness
- Measurement of complex latent constructs (e.g., consumption behaviour, environmental awareness)
- Participatory research design (e.g. co-design practices, online communities, citizen science)
- ReZeitKon (bis 2020) Time-rebound, time wealth and sustainable consumption
- BiNKA (bis 2018) Education for sustainable consumption through mindfulness
- Environmental Awareness in Germany 2018
Functions & Memberships
- Assigned member of the Climate Task Force of the German Society for Psychology (2020)
- Full member of the German Society for Psychology (DGPs) Section Environmental psychology
- Member of the Initiative of Psychologists for Environmental Protection (IPU)
BP 136 Consumer Behavior
BP 137 People-Planet Interactions
MP 172 Nutrition and Health Behavior Change
MP 174 Healthy People - Healthy Planet
- The Role of the Individual in the Great Transformation Toward Sustainability Research Topic in Frontiers of Psychology: Environmental Psychology Section.
Full article collection: https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/13092/the-role-of-the-individual-in-the-great-transformation-toward-sustainability.
- Bamberg, S.; Fischer, D. & Geiger, S.M. (2021). Editorial: The Role of the Individual in the Great Transformation Toward Sustainability. Frontiers in Psychology: Environmental Psychology.
- Frick, V; Gossen, M; Santarius, T, & Geiger, S.M. (2021). When your shop says #lessismore. A field and laboratory intervention on online communication for clothing sufficiency. Journal of Environmental Psychology.
- Geiger, S.M., Fischer, D., Grossman, P., Schrader U. (2020). Meditating for the planet. Effects of a mindfulness-based intervention on sustainable consumption behaviors. Environment and Behavior. 52 (9), 1012-1042,
- Harrach, C; Geiger, S.M.; Schrader, U. (2020): Sustainability Empowerment in the Workplace: Determinants and Effects. Sustainability Management Forum.
- Geiger, S.M., Grossman, P., Schrader, U. (2019). Mindfulness and sustainability. Correlation or causation? Current Opinion in Psychology. 28:23–27
- Geiger, S.M., Geiger, M., Wilhelm, O. (2019). Environment-Specific vs General Knowledge and their Role in Pro-Environmental Behavior. Frontiers in Psychology: Environmental Psychology.
- Stanszus, L., Frank, P., Geiger, S.M. (2019). Healthy eating and sustainable nutrition through mindfulness. Mixed methods results of a controlled intervention study. Appetite.
- Iran, S., Geiger, S. M., & Schrader, U. (2019). Collaborative fashion consumption – A cross-cultural study between Tehran and Berlin. Journal of Cleaner Production, 212, 313–323.
- Geiger, S.M., Fischer, D., Schrader, U. (2018). Measuring what matters in sustainable consumption: an integrative framework for the selection of relevant behaviors. Sustainable Development, 26 (1), 18-33.
- Geiger, S.M., Otto, S., Schrader, U. (2018). Mindfully green and healthy, an indirect path to ecological conservation. Frontiers in Psychology: Environmental Psychology.
- Böhme, T, Stanszus, L., Geiger, S.M., Schrader, U., Fischer, D. (2018). Mindfulness Training at School: A Way to Engage Adolescents with Sustainable Consumption? Sustainability, 10(10), 3557.
- Geiger, S.M., Keller, J. (2017). Shopping for clothes and the sensitivity for the suffering of others: The role of compassion and values in sustainable fashion consumption. Environment and Behavior, 50 (10), 1119-1144.
- Fischer D, Böhme, T., Geiger, S.M. (2017) Measuring Young Consumers’ Sustainable Consumption Behavior: Development and Validation of the YCSCB Scale. Young Consumers, 18 (3), 312-326.
- Geiger, S.M., Otto, S., Diaz Marin J. (2014). A short environmental knowledge scale for diagnostic use in Latin America. Psyecology, 5(1), 1-36.