Registration for examinations
Deadlines for exam registrations
Each semester, the examination committee determines three examination periods and the corresponding deadlines for registration, e.g. registration during the 1st registration period --> examination during the 1st examination period.
Registration for examinations in FlexNow
Faculty 09 students register for examinations via the electronic system FlexNow. Deregistration from examinations is also possible in FlexNow. The illustrated FlexNow guide explains how the registration for examination works.
>> FlexNow guide "FlexNow for faculty 09" (.pdf)
In faculty 09, three examination periods are fixed each semester:
- The first period lasts two weeks and extends from the last lecture week to the first week of the non-lecture period.
- The second examination period is the week before the lecture period of the following semester starts.
- The third examination period is the 6th week of the lecture period in the following semester.
Students register either for the first or the second examination period. For the third examination period, students cannot register themselves. As the third examination period is intended for re- and repeat examinations only, students are registered automatically in FlexNow.
Dates of exams
The study deanery organizes and determines the examination dates of the first and second examination period and publishes them on the faculty web site. The dates of the examinations in the third examination period are given in StudIP or can be directly obtained from the professor in charge of the module.
In case you are not able to attend an examination due to illness, you have to submit a medical certificate to the examination office within three working days. Please remember to hand in the Supplement Sheet to a Medical Certificate also. If these conditions are fulfilled, the examination does not count a fail. You are automatically registered for the repeat examination in FlexNow in the next examination period.
Registration for an examination via the examination office by using forms or e-mails
- is only possible in exceptional cases
- you will not receive a confirmation from the examination office and the FlexNow transaction key will not be sent automatically
- you promptly have to check your examination status yourself
- a registration via e-mail has to contain:
a. A sound reason to register via the examination office (e.g. problems with FLexNow or other serious problems
b. Name, Matriculation No.
c. Examination: Module Code and Module Title
d. Indication of modules which can be changed into an optional additional module (module code and module title)