- Dr. Simone Häberlein received the Karl Asmund Rudolphi-Medal of the German Society for Parasitology (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Parasitologie) for her "Outstanding contributions in the field of Parasitology", especially her research success with respect to Schistosoma mansoni and Fasciola hepatica.
- Poster Award of the GGL Gießen for Mandy Beutler at the 12. GGL Conference of Life Science 04.09 - 05.09 for the poster "Protein expression of SmALDH1&2, SmAR, and SmTK6 of Schistosoma mansoni"
- Poster Award of the "British Society for Parasitology" awarded to Oliver Weth at the “Annual Autumn Meeting of the British Society for Parasitology” 23.09; Poster 14
- Poster Award of the „Cambridge University Press” for Steffen Hahnel for his poster presented at the “Annual Spring Meeting of the British Society for Parasitology”, April 12th - 14th 2011; Poster 67
- Dr. Svenja Beckmann received the Gerhard Piekarski-Award of the German Society for Parasitology (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Parasitologie: http://www.dgparasitologie.de/) for her discovery of schistosome enzymes, which are associated with developmental functions and which may represent targets for novel approaches to fight schistosomiasis. To the article.
- Poster Award of the GGL for Christin Buro for her poster presented at the 2nd GGL Conference on Life Sciences, Gießen Sept.30th - Oct 01st; Poster 19