Postgraduate Scholarships of JLU
As part of its own funding program, Justus Liebig University annually awards postgraduate scholarships in the amount of €1,200 per month, plus €150 per month for supplies and travel costs, and other supplemental funding if needed. The scholarship is awarded in accordance with JLU's Statute on Awarding the Postgraduate Scholarship.
- College degree that allows one to start doctoral studies
- Above-average performance in studies and examinations
- A special talent for academic work
- Adhering to the JLU statute on Ensuring Good Scientific Practice in all areas
- The doctoral project should make an important and outstanding contribution to the pursuit of knowledge in the scholar's field of study.
- At the time of application, no preliminary work on a large scale regarding the doctoral project.
On the following website you will find the call for applications including the needed requirements, the legal basis in the form of the "Statute on Awarding the Postgraduate Scholarship of the Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) dated September 10, 2003", an application form, a information sheet on the application process as well as a letter from the Presidential Board of the JLU to the supervising university professor.
Please note that applications for the aforementioned scholarships must be handed in by Friday, September 17, 2021