Lena Nuechter is a PhD student at Justus Liebig University and a research assistant at the International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture (GCSC). Prior to coming to Giessen she studied in Heidelberg, Durham (UK), and Berlin, and was a research assistant at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
At the GCSC, Lena advises current and prospective GCSC members on questions concerning their membership, for example on finding scholarships, extending memberships, or preparing travel grant applications. She is also responsible for the GCSC's Combining Career and Family programme and onboarding new members.
International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture (GCSC)
Tel.: +49 (0) 641 99 300 56
- Office Hour
- PhD Project
"Transforming Transitions. Extracting and Enhancing Humanities Employability"
Supervised by: Prof. Dr. Andreas Langenohl (JLU), Dr. Michael Tomlinson (University of Southampton)
- Research Interests
- Graduate employability and University-Labour Market Transitions
- Sociology of Work and Employment, Organisational Sociology
- Sociology of Higher Education
- Interdisciplinary Qualitative Methods
- (Crisis in the) humanities
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Hochschulforschung GfHf
- Society for Research into Higher Education
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Soziologie - Sektion Organisationssoziologie