Call for Applications: On_Culture - Editorial Team Membership
On_Culture. The Open Journal for the Study of Culture invites applications for an Editorial Team position. We extend our invitation to all GCSC, GGK, and IPP (post-)doctoral researchers. The new team member will start in January 2022 and play an integral role in the publication cycles of our journal. On_Culture is the GCSC’s Open Access peer-reviewed journal. It provides a platform and forum for pursuing and reflecting on the study of culture. It investigates, problematizes, and develops key concepts and methods in the field. More often than not, developing such new approaches and emerging topics is a collaborative and collective process. On_Culture is dedicated to fostering such collective processes and the cultural dynamics at work in thinking about and reflecting on culture.
Original scholarly _Articles and _Essays are published biannually (summer and winter) and open contributions – what we call _Perspectives – are published on a rolling basis in a wide range of media formats. Rooted in a concept-based methodology, the journal contributes to the study of culture as an interdisciplinary field of research by creating a dynamic online knowledge base among scholars and the general public.
The new member of the editorial team participates in:
- conceptualizing calls for papers
- editorial work (assessing submitted abstracts, organizing peer reviews, formatting, copy-editing)
- the online publishing process with Wordpress and OJS (Open Journal Systems)
The position demands:
- a continued time commitment in each biannual issue
- attendance of regular editorial team meetings that take place either online or in person (pending on the developments and regulations during the current pandemic)
- a commitment of at least one year
- English language proficiency on an academic level
- interest in online publishing
This is a unique opportunity to gain editorial experience, work creatively and conceptually, and help shape an innovative e-publishing project. Contingent upon official COVID-19 regulations, a workspace will be made available at the GCSC to allow to work closely with the editorial team on site. Please note that this position is unpaid.
Interested? Please send your CV and a brief letter of motivation stating your reasons to apply, your competences, and past experiences (prior experience in publishing is not required). Please send your documents as e-mail attachment to email@example.com, subject line:
"Application for Editorial Team Membership."
Applications due: January 9, 2022.