Ways into Earning One’s Doctoral Degree
“Is a dissertation the right thing for me?“
“What do I need for a successful start of my dissertation?“
“How do I fund the time I spend writing my dissertation?“
“How can I earn my doctoral degree at the JLU?“
“What kind of support does the JLU offer during the time I spend working on my doctorate?“
If you have already asked yourself one of these questions, please join us for our presentation “Wege in die Promotion - Ways into Earning One’s Doctoral Degree“. In order to smooth the way for future doctoral students into beginning their dissertation and in order to interest others in writing their dissertation, the three Giessen graduate centres GGS, GGK/GCSC, GGL, the initiative ArbeiterKind.de as well as the Research Campus of Central Hesse (RCCH) invite students of all faculties to the presentation “Ways into Earning One’s Doctoral Degree“. It will take place from 1 to 4.30 p.m. in the auditorium of the University’s Main Building, Ludwigstraße 23 on June 28, 2022.
During the presentation, the Giessen graduate centres, the initiative AbeiterKind.de and the Research Campus of Central Hesse will inform those in attendance about requirements for a dissertation, possibilities of funding, admission requirements, and will present offers of support/funding for doctoral students at the JLU. Furthermore, doctoral students of different faculties who are currently earning their degree at the JLU, will report on their experience. After that, they will answer your questions. Following the information part of the presentation, those interested will have the chance to enter into an individual exchange with representatives of the Giessen graduate centres, the initiative ArbeiterKind.de and the Research Campus of Central Hesse.
- 1.00 pm - 2.15 pm: Plenary meeting - Welcome, Lecture about central questions concerning pursuing a PhD at JLU (Aula)
- 2.15 pm - 3.00 pm: Current PhD candidates talk about their experiences (Aula)
- 3.00 pm - 3.45 pm: Info lounge and coffee (Foyer of the Aula)
PARTICIPATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH PERSONAL INTEREST
- 3.45 - 4.30 pm: International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences (GGL)
- 3.45 - 4.30 pm: Research Campus of Central Hesse (RCCH) and Arbeiterkind.de
- 3.45 - 4.30 pm: International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture (GCSC/GGK) and Giessen Graduate Centre Social Science, Business, Economics & Law (GGS)
- 3.45 pm - 4.30 pm: Gießener Graduiertenzentrum Naturwissenschaften und Psychologie (GGN) and Plattform für strukturierte Promotionsausbildung in den Materialwissenschaften (PriMa)
Giessen Graduate Centre for Social and Economic Sciences and Law (Gießener Graduiertenzentrum Sozial-, Wirtschafts- und Rechtswissenschaften – GGS)
Telephone: 0049-641 99-21370
Please note that every content of this page is only avaliable in German language.