Consultation & Coaching
|For the purpose of a holistic support service for early career researchers, the GGS offers its postdoctoral members consultation on postdoctoral issues. If required, we also support you in arranging (individual) coaching sessions.|
Consultation with our Postdoc Coordinators at the GGS
We are happy to advise you (confidentially, of course) on a wide variety of issues, e.g:
- Postdoctoral phase – what needs to be considered?
- Academic career (e.g. habilitation)
- Alternative careers
(e.g. scientific management or which career option are there for me?)
- Compatibility of career and family
- Preparation for appeal proceedings
- Strategic acquisition of third-party funds
- Advice on application documents
- Preparation for and support within the application process
Arrangement of (Individual) Coachings
Profit from the expertise of an experienced coach e.g. in the following areas
- Career development
- Acquisition of third-party funding
- Feedback on research proposals
- further topics on demand (please contact us)
We are happy to arrange a coaching and can finance up to 5-7 sessions of 60 minutes each. If you are interested, please contact our postdoc coordinators via postdocs.
Third-party Funding Consulting
Within the framework of the Third-party Funding Experts Programme, a pool of experts has been created who are available for consultation. More information on the consulting services offered by the individual experts and their implementation can be found on the page of the consulting pool of the Third-party Funding Experts Programme.
Service points for advice on research funding at JLU:
- PCMO - Postdoc Career and Mentoring Office
- GGL - International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences
- GCSC/GGK - International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture
- BfC - Office for Equal Opportunities (Büro für Chancengleichheit)
- AAA - International Office (Akademisches Auslandsamt)
- StF - Research Department (Stabsabteilung Forschung)
- WTT - Knowledge and technology transfer (Wissens- und Technologietransfer)
Our tip: Address the contact persons at the funding institutions directly with your specific application concerns. They will be happy to advise you on the programs they offer.