The Giessen Center for Eastern European Studies has a close cooperation with the Herder-Institute in Marburg. The following is a list of those institutions at the Justus Liebig University which participate in the GiZo, as well as further departments, research areas, and work groups which co-operate with the centre.
Partner institutions at the university:
(History of Eastern Central Europe, History of South-Eastern Europe, History of Eastern Europe)
(Slavic Linguistics and Slavic Literature Studies)
Further associated disciplines at the university:
(European Studies focused on the Baltic states and Russia)
(European law and research on transformation processes)
(Transformation economy, economic integration)
Other institutions at the university with a focus on Eastern Europe:
German Language and Literature Studies:
- Research Unit for Holocaust Literature Link
- Research Group 'German-speaking Newspapers in Central and Eastern Europe'
- Research Network Educational Linguistics Link
- Research Unit, 'Sudeten German Dictionary'
- Partnership of the German Institute with Zielona Góra
- Partnership of the German Institute with Łódź
- Socrates Partnership with Brno and Kaunas
- Research Area, 'German-speaking Literature in Prague during the 19th and 20th Century'
Political and Social Sciences:
- Interdisciplinary Research Group on 'Transformation and Transnationalization'
- Research Group 'Political Science Research on Eastern Europe'
- Professorship, 'Public Law, International Law and European Law' Link
Centre for International Development and Environmental Research Link