The entry prerequisite for a Master's degree course is a Bachelor's degree in a related subject or an academic degree recognized as equivalent. Bachelor's degrees are recognized as equivalent if the student completed 20 CP in the major field and 10 CP in a minor field. The degree program is not admission limited; there is no cap on admissions.
English language skills
Advanced knowledge of English at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required for all subjects.
We accept the following as proof of language requirements:
- Language Certificate, level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or
- University-level test which attests to the level B2 completed within the past two years or
- Certificate „UNIcert II“ or
- TOEFL-Test ITB (internet-based Test) with at least 80 points or IELTS-Test with a score of at least 6 or
- Bachelor’s degree in an English-language program or
- Other appropriate evidence of English skills at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Other language skills
Very good knowledge of one Slavic language is required for the Major in Slavic Studies, of one Eastern European language for the Major in Eastern European History.
Application period winter semester: 1st of June until 31st of August, enrollment starts in June, ends at end of September.