Maximilian Maurice Gail, M.Sc.
- wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter/Research Associate
0641 / 99-22059 (Fax)
Licher Straße 62
- Empirical IO
- Machine Learning Methods and Application
- Competition Policy
- 2020-present: PhD student, Justus Liebig University, Giessen
- 2017-2020: M.Sc. in Economics, Justus Liebig University, Giessen
- 2013-2017: B.Sc. in Economics, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main
- 2011-2013: Intermediate Exam in Law, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main
- 2011: Abitur, Karl-Rehbein School, Hanau
Academic and Professional Experience
- 2020 - Present: Research Associate, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany. Chair for Industrial Organization, Regulation and Antitrust.
- 2020 - Present: Consultant, Self-employed.
- Economic expert advice on regulatory economics, cartel damage estimation. Preparation of reports and studies to companies, authorities and courts.
- 2018 - 2020: Student Research Assistant, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany. Chair for Industrial Organization, Regulation and Antitrust.
Current Research Activities
- Working Papers
- Gail, M. M. & Herold D. (tbd) The Impact of Incentive Pay on Corporate Crime. In progress.
- Gail, M. M. & P. A. Klotz (2021). The Impact of the Agency Model on E-book Prices: Evidence from the UK. MAGKS Joint Discussion Paper Series in Economics, No. 11-2021
- Gail, M. M. & P. A. Klotz (2021). Cross-Format Elasticities in the Book Market: Evidence from Germany and the UK. In progress.
- Industrial Organization (2020 - present, JLU Giessen)
- Economics of Innovation (2020 - present, JLU Giessen)
- Introduction to Industrial Organization and Competition Policy (2019, JLU Giessen)
- Principles of Microeconomics (2018 - 2020, JLU Giessen)
- How economists would fight climate change (2020, JLU Giessen)
- Regulatory and Government Policy Control of the Transition to a Climate-Neutral Economy (2020), JLU Giessen
- 2020 VfS Annual Conference, Cologne (virtual).
- 2021 EARIE Annual Conference, Bergen (virtual).
- 2021 CRESSE Annual Conference, Heraklion-Crete.
- German: Mothertongue
- English: Advanced
- Latin: Basic