Department of English / Institut für Anglistik
- For Start
Teaching and research in the Department of English covers the areas of English Language and Linguistics, English and American Literature and Culture and Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). Our degree courses strongly encourage an international as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. In terms of teaching and research the Department of English is closely linked with other JLU departments as well as with the .
CORONAVIRUS: JLU IN BASIC OPERATION UNTIL APRIL 19, 2020
# NO TEACHING OF ANY KIND AT JLU
# NO EXAMINATIONS WITHIN THE RESPONSIBILITY OF JLU
(NOTE THAT THIS DOES NOT APPLY FOR TERM PAPERS, BA- AND MA-
THESES WHICH ARE TO BE SUBMITTED BY POST. PLEASE SEE THE JLU
FAQs FOR INFORMATION ON THE UNIVERSITY-WIDE DEADLINE
EXTENSION FOR TERM PAPERS/THESES WITH AN ORIGINAL SUBMISSION
DATE AFTER MARCH 16, 2020.)
# NO OFFICE HOURS IN THE OFFICES OF JLU STAFF
# CONTACT JLU STAFF VIA E-MAIL INSTEAD
# JLU BUILDINGS REMAIN CLOSED FOR THE PUBLIC
- Information for Students
- If you want to find information about your (future) course of studies, need help, or if you are searching for online material, the following pages try to bring it all together. If you need more specific advice, feel free to get in touch with our study guidance.
- The TEFL section of the English department deals with a variety of issues concerning the teaching and learning of English in educational contexts ranging from primary to secondary school and adult education.
- Literature and Culture
- The Literature and Culture section covers the whole range of literature produced in the English language, from the more classical research domains of British, Irish, and American literature to the 'New English Literatures'.
- Language and Communication
- The Practical Language and Communication team is committed to supporting students by helping them advance their academic language skills and their written, oral and intercultural competencies in general.