Application for positions
Local residents already working in a clinical department of the Universitary Hospital Giessen or external / international physicians can apply for JLU-CAREER not later than 1st of February each year. The rehearsal will take place in the first week of march. International applicants will need to have a graduate certificate from a Medical School being accepted by the Medical Board of Hesse (granted in case of applicants from within the EU) and a permission to work in Hesse as a physician, which usually requires proof of good german language skills (see details German-Language Prerequisites for Application/Admission and Matriculation).
A previous period of clinical training of at least 12 months is mandatory. High preference will be given to applicants with prior laboratory experience and an M.D. degree (Dr. med.) or equivalent and who are in training for a clinical specialty.
Applications should be submitted online not later than 1st of February each year using the following link: JLU-CAREER submission form
For the year 2021, the application deadline is 31st March.
During the application process the candidate will need to indicate the clinical specialty she or he would like to work in the future. Moreover, the candidate will need to upload relevant documents as one single PDF document, including:
- a motivation letter alongside with two references including their contact data,
- a Curriculum Vitae
- a copy of the graduate certificate of the Medical School / the state examination in human medicine, or a certificate of approval of the German Authority if the licence was acquired in another, non EU-,country
- reference letters covering previous positions
- proof of good german language skills (see requirements above) for non-native German speakers.
- a signed declaration of the applicant to fully accept and obeye the principles of good clinical practice, as released by the DFG (Vorschläge zur Sicherung guter wissenschaftlicher Praxis / Proposals for Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice) and by the European Federation of Academies of Sciences and Humanities. Such declaration should also indicate the willingness of the applicant to safe copies of her or his lab books and experimental data on a secure server area of the Faculty of Medicine (access to this area is only granted to the steering committee for quality control issues and in case a breach of the good scientific practice principles must be considered, any access of the steering committee to this data will be recorded and reported).
Please attach the declaration to your application. Declaration GCP/GSP