Best Talk: 1. Place: 150€; 2. Place 100€; 3. Place 50€ (donated by the GGL) .
The talks will be evaluated via online voting by the complete audience.
- Content: How informative was the presentation? Did the speaker present interesting results as well as all other information needed to understand the outcome of his or her research? Was the amount of information just right, too much or too little?
- Presentation: How well designed was the presentation? Were animations used to emphasize the results or to divert attention. How well did he or she present the talk orally? Did he or she speak loud enough and at an appropriate speed? Did he or she grab your attention or bore you? Did the speaker make an effort to interact with the audience?
- Intelligibility: Did he/she make an effort to explain important terms? Was there a story that you could follow throughout the talk? Did he or she explain what his/her results mean and why they are important? Where tables, graphs and images sufficiently labelled and explained and were they large enough to understand them quickly?
GGL Picture Award (view exhibition here)
We are also going to award the best photograph for the following 3 categories:
1. Laboratory work (depicting work in your lab, e.g. member of your team using a specific instrument)
2. Research (images of your results such as cells, gels etc. depicting an aspect of your work)
3. Student Life (conferences; retreats; visits to other labs; what are you doing when you relax?)
Pictures will be exhibited on our website at the GGL conference, evaluated via online voting from all GGL members and awarded prizes of 50 € for each category.
Rules and submission
All photographs must be accompanied by a title, a short description and your permission to be used to publicise the GGL. The must be filled in, signed and sent back to the GGL office as a .pdf (scan) or .jpg (photo) in the "Picture Submission Portal" in order to be entered into the competition (alternatively, you can bring the form to the GGL office).
- You can submit one photograph for each category.
- Images must be in .jpg or .png format
- Images should have normal aspect ratios
- File size must be less than 10 MB
- You can only submit photos you have shot yourself
- For photographs showing 1-6 people, you must obtain their permission on the submission form.
- You shall not submit images representing logos or protected trademarks
- You shall not submit images showing goods or places protected by an intellectual property right
- Images and submission forms should be sent using the Picture Submission Portal
For all photos of category 2, you must make sure that you don’t jeopardise future publications, i.e. please do not send in photographs that you intend to publish or have published already. You should inform your supervisor prior to submitting such an image. Digital enhancement of this category specifically is permitted.
The deadline to submit your photographs and forms is 16th September 2021.
For outstanding speediness in the submission of the abstract: a book voucher
For outstanding tardiness in the submission of the abstract: one lemon