GGL Picture Award
Rules and submission
We are seeking to award the best photograph for the following three categories:
- Laboratory Work (depicting work in your lab, e.g. member of your team using a specific instrument)
- Research (images of your results such as cells, gels etc. depicting an aspect of your work) *
- Student Life (conferences, retreats, visits to other labs, what are you doing when you relax?)
- Corona Moments (quarantine life, how life changed since the Virus)
All photographs must be accompanied by a title, a short description and your permission to be used to publicise the GGL. The submission form must be filled in, signed and sent back to the GGL office as a .pdf (scan) or .jpg (photo) in the "Picture Submission Portal" in order to be entered into the competition (alternatively, you can bring the form to the GGL office). Pictures will be exhibited on our website at the GGL conference, evaluated via online voting from all GGL members and awarded prizes of 50 € for each category.
- You can submit one photograph for each category.
- Images must be in .jpg or .png format
- Images should have normal aspect ratios
- File size must be less than 10 MB
- You can only submit photos you have shot yourself
- For photographs showing 1-6 people, you must obtain their permission on the submission form.
- You shall not submit images representing logos or protected trademarks
- You shall not submit images showing goods or places protected by an intellectual property right
- Images and submission forms should be sent using the Picture Submission Portal
For all photos of category 2, you must make sure that you don’t jeopardise future publications, i.e. please don’t send in photographs that you intend to publish or have published already. You should inform your supervisor prior to submitting such an image. Digital enhancement of this category specifically is permitted.
The deadline to submit your photographs and forms is 16th September 2021.