Wege in die Promotion 2020
"Does a doctoral degree really match with my personal interests?"
"What do I need for a successful start?"
"How do I finance my doctoral degree/my PhD-project?"
"How can I get my doctoral degree at JLU?"
"What support can the JLU provide during my PhD-project?"
If you have asked yourself these questions before, come to the event "Wege in die Promotion".
In order to make it easier for future doctoral candidates to start their doctoral studies and to inspire those interested in a doctorate, the three Giessen Graduate Centres GGS, GGK/GCSC, GGL, the ArbeiterKind. de initiative and the Forschungscampus Mittelhessen (FCMH) invite students from all faculties to the event "Wege in die Promotion".
The event will take place on 16. 07. 2020 from 10 a. m. (c.t.) to approx. 4. 15 pm in various virtual rooms held via Webex. During the event, the Giessen Graduate Centers, the ArbeiterKind. de initiative and the Forschungscampus Mittelhessen will provide information about doctoral requirements, funding opportunities, opportunities to start a doctorate and will present support offers for doctoral candidates at JLU.
- 10:00 am - 10:15 am: Opening of the Webex Room for the Event
- 10:15 am - 11:15 am: Start of the plenary session - Welcome address, presentation on questions relating to doctoral studies
- 11:30 am - 12:15 pm Session 1: Giessen Graduate Center for Cultural Studies (GGK) and International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture (GCSC)
- 12:30 pm - 01:15 pm Session 2: Arbeiterkind.de
- 01:30 pm - 02:15 pm Session 3: Giessen Graduate Center for Social Sciences, Economics and Law
- 02:30 pm - 03:15 pm Session 4: Forschungscampus Mittelhessen (FCMH)
- 03:30 pm - 04:15 pm Session 5: International Graduate Center for the Life Sciences and Promotionsplattform Materialwissenschaften
Please register via the registration form for the event. You will receive the acess links to the event after your registration.
Please note that this event will take place in German but you can ask questions in English.
International Graduate Center for the Life Sciences (GGL)
Phone: 0641 99 - 47283