International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences (GGL)
- International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences
- The GGL provides an interdisciplinary, concisely structured graduate programme for all life science disciplines at the Justus Liebig University, in the fields of Human, Dental and Veterinary Medicine, Psychology and Sport Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Nutritional and Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. Based on our diversity of disciplines and nationalities, we have built a comprehensive concept for doctoral research where a topic-oriented doctoral project is embedded in the multidisciplinary research background of the GGL. We offer seminars, practical courses, research retreats and essential skills for academic and business careers.
- 15th GGL Annual Conference
- The International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences invites you to the 15th GGL Conference at 14 - 15 September, 2022. The GGL doctoral researchers of all ten interdisciplinary research sections will contribute to the programme and present their recent research results. Each session will be opened by a guest speaker who is an expert in the specific field. This year all GGL members will present short talks or posters to introduce their research projects. Prizes which are donated by industrial supporters or the GGL will be awarded in the categories best talk, best posters and best GGL photograph.
- New GGL Credit Counter and Calendar coming soon
- Please note: between 04 and 07 October 2022 the GGL Credit Counter will not be accessible and after that we will have a NEW CREDIT COUNTER that will be more easily accessible. Everything that you have entered before that date will be transferred. Also, during that week, the GGL Study Calendar will not be acessible. So take notes of the upcoming event before that week.
- Dr. Herbert Stolzenberg Publication Award for Research in the Life Sciences
- For the first time, the Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences (GGL) will be awarding the Dr.-Herbert-Stolzenberg Award for scientific achievements of outstanding quality to up to two GGL junior scientists. Initiated by the Dr.-Herbert-Stolzenberg Foundation and the President of the Justus-Liebig University the GGL is able to award a publication prize to promote young academics. The award is endowed with 3.000 € and can be divided in the case of equal quality of the publication. Applications need to be submitted by 01 September 2022.
- Testimonials of our Alumni
While we hosted our Life Science Bridges Event in the summer of 2017, we interviewed some of our alumni about their time as a member of the GGL. We also asked them to pass some advice and experience on to new generations of young researchers. Take a look at their testimony to find out, where they are now and what they have to say.