International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences (GGL)
- International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences
- The GGL provides an interdisciplinary, concisely structured graduate programme for all life science disciplines at the Justus Liebig University, in the fields of Human, Dental and Veterinary Medicine, Psychology and Sport Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Nutritional and Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. Based on our diversity of disciplines and nationalities, we have built a comprehensive concept for doctoral research where a topic-oriented doctoral project is embedded in the multidisciplinary research background of the GGL. We offer seminars, practical courses, research retreats and essential skills for academic and business careers.
- Welcome to our new members!
- We would like to welcome our 15 new members for this summer semester 2021, who will start their doctoral research with the support of the GGL this semester and wish them all the best! For the coming 3 years we will assist you in your doctoral studies and look forward to witness your progress in your respective field of life sciences. This year’s international doctoral candidates from China, India, Jordan, Kosovo and the Netherlands join their German colleagues benefiting from the international environment of our centre and university. Despite the special circumstances due to the pandemic, we hope to offer you the best support throughout your doctoral studies.
- Lehre 4.0 - E-Learning for Young Academics
The project "Lehre 4.0 - E-Learning for Young Academics" is a joint project between the Giessen Graduate Centre for Social, Economic and Legal Sciences (GGS) as the lead centre, the Giessen University Computer Centre (HRZ), the International Graduate Centre for Study of Culture (GCSC/GGK), the International Giessen Graduate Centre for Life Sciences (GGL) and the Centre for Foreign Language and Occupational Skills (ZfbK). The aim of the project is to bundle and expand existing education programmes in the field of digitised university teaching at the JLU in order to qualify and support young teachimg scientists in the use of digital media in university teaching. You can find further information .
- Testimonials of our Alumni
While we hosted our Life Science Bridges Event in the summer of 2017, we interviewed some of our alumni about their time as a member of the GGL. We also asked them to pass some advice and experience on to new generations of young researchers. Take a look at their testimony to find out, where they are now and what they have to say.