Profile of competences
The Master's Programme enables the students:
- to analyse transformation processes in the background of economic-, politic-, law-,agricultural as well as environmental relevance and to understand the correlation between these subsystems in the process of social change
- to develop decision making skills in an interdisciplinary context and to solve practical problems by using integrative management approaches with pronounced leadership skills
- to design, implement, evaluate and interpret complex interdisciplinary research projects and to give application-oriented policy recommendations
- to plan, develop and implement transformation-relevant projects and programmes and to analyse the problem situations with regard to different aspects and consequences
- to develop, negotiate and communicate solution strategies and procedures with stakeholders of different professional and cultural backgrounds
Qualification aims and educational objectives
- Advanced knowledge in transformation, development and agricultural economics and the management of transformation processes on micro and macro levels, including business administration.
- Knowledge of fundamental methods and concepts in political and law sciences. Ability of systematical analysis of transformation processes, organization and institutions in the international, national and regional contexts.
- Methodological knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research, mathematical and statistical methods and their fields of applications in relevant areas.
- The ability to transfer subject-specific questions in models and to properly formulate such models, as well as considering different positions and opinions on a science-based fundament
- Specialization by choosing Master's thesis topic, internship and profile modules within the agricultural-, environmental- and nutritional sciences
Practice-oriented knowledge in development of projects, definition of goals and results, management, modification, validation and evaluation of projects.
- Key qualifications such as organisational, communication, negotiation and leadership skills, intercultural competences and teamwork ability.
Economic Development and World Agricultural Markets
Law in Transition
Empirical Research Methods
Transition in Practice
Power and Democracy
World Food Economy
Economics, Organization and Management in Agriculture and Food Industries
Problem Solving (classify, identify, formulate)
Well-founded Scientific Aspects
Competence in methodology, Flexibility, Transferable Knowledge
Training of analytical, conceptual und logical Thinking
Acquisition of Learning Strategies for Lifelong Learning
Well-founded Knowledge of Institutional Transformation Processes
Communication and Teamwork Skills, Foreign Languages Proficiency
Project Manager, Consultant, Counselor
- Organisations involved in transition and development cooperation (private, public, national, supranational, international)
- Regional and international organisations of different branches
- Private enterprises (industry, agricultural- and nutritional sector, trade, banks, financial services)
- Universities and non-university research institutions
- Institutions for consulting of political decision-makers
Chief Executive, Public Officer
- National administrations, ministries, EU Institutions
- Non-governmental organisations in the non-profit sector, Think-Tanks, interest groups.