+49 641/99 12780
Center for International Development and Environmental Research
- CROP - Impacts of compound weather extremes on crops in Germany: present and future.
- 2016-2020 PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) “Predicting evapotranspiration from drone-recorded land surface temperatures: method testing and development”, Georg-August University, Göttingen
- 2013-2016 M.Sc. Environmental Science - Soil, Water and Biodiversity, University of Hohenheim and University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
- 2009-2012 B.Sc. Environmental Management, Justus-Liebig-University, Gießen
- Compound extreme events
- Statistical characterization and modelling of compound extremes
- Impact of compound events on crops
- Process-based crop modelling
- Hydrological modelling
- Ecosystem and plant hydrology
- Evapotranspiration and plant water stress
- Bias-correction and downscaling
- Predicting tree sap flux and stomatal conductance from drone-recorded
surface temperatures in a mixed agroforestry system – a machine learning
approach 2020, F Ellsäßer, A Röll, J Ahongshangbam, PA Waite, Hendrayanto, B Schuldt, D Hölscher, Remote Sensing, https://doi.org/10.3390/rs12244070
- Introducing QWaterModel, a QGIS plugin for predicting evapotranspiration from land surface temperatures 2020, F Ellsäßer, A Röll, C Stiegler, D Hölscher, Environmental Modelling & Software, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsoft.2020.104739
- Airborne Tree Crown Detection for Predicting Spatial Heterogeneity of Canopy Transpiration in a Tropical Rainforest 2020, J Ahongshangbam, A Röll, F Ellsäßer, D Hölscher, Remote Sensing, https://doi.org/10.3390/rs12040651
- Predicting evapotranspiration from drone-based thermography–a method comparison in a tropical oil palm plantation, Preprint, F Ellsäßer, C Stiegler, A Röll, T June, A Knohl, D Hölscher, Biogeosciences Discussions, https://bg.copernicus.org/preprints/bg-2020-159/
- Drone‐based photogrammetry‐derived crown metrics for predicting tree and oil palm water use 2019, J Ahongshangbam, W Khokthong, F Ellsäßer, H Hendrayanto, D Hölscher, Ecohydrology, https://doi.org/10.1002/eco.2115
- QWaterModel - A QGIS based tool to calculate evapotranspiration from thermal images.
- CWSI – An experimental QGIS based tool to calculate the crop water stress index (CWSI) from thermal images and field measurements.