- Pavlina Miteva
Research Assistant and Doctoral candidate
Zentrum für internationale Entwicklungs- und Umweltforschung
Center for International Development and Environmental Research
- Scientific Career
- Since 03/2019 Research Assistant at ZEU, Justus-Liebig University, Giessen
- 08/2015 to 08/2018 Lecturer at the Faculty for Global Studies, University Anáhuac México, Mexico City
- January to March 2018: Cooperation with Reporters Without Borders, project Media Ownership Monitor Mexico.
- 07/2016 to 12/2017 UN Online Ambassador for the UNDP online platform socialprotection.org
- 01/2015 to 01/2016: Researcher for the preparation of the Urban Development Plan for the municipality of Tlaxco, State of Tlaxcala, Mexico.
- August to September 2015: Lecturer at a diploma course in Current European Issues organized by the Ibero-American University Mexico City and the Museum for Memory and Tolerance Mexico City.
- February to March 2015: Researcher at the Mexican Institute for Human Rights and Democracy (Instituto Mexicano de Derechos Humanos y Democracia A.C.) Mexico City
- May 2014 to December 2014: Researcher for the PESA project (Proyecto Estratégico de Seguridad Alimentaria) or Strategic Project for Food Security in the region of Huamantla, Mexico.
- 10/2013 to 05/2014: Research Assistant at the Berlin School for Economics and Law for Prof.Dr. Birgit Mahnkopf. Project: The green economy as a response to the socio-ecological crisis.
- 10/2012 to 03/2014: Master of Arts in Political Economy of European Integration, Berlin School for Economics and Law, Berlin; Master Thesis: The Changes in the Community-based Management of the Common Pastures in Ethiopia under the impact of EU’s increasing demand in biofuels.
- 10/2004 to 06/2008: Bachelor degree in legal studies, Law Faculty “Justinijan I”, University “Ss. Cyril and Methodius”, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
Fields of Interest, focus of work
- Sustainable development
- Environmental governance
Miteva P., Ruano E., Jordan I.; Biesalski HK, Birner R (eds): Hidden Hunger: Strategies to Improve Nutrition Quality. Latin America and the Caribbean: Strategies to Fight Hidden Hunger. World Rev Nutr Diet. Basel, Karger, 2018, vol 118, pp 167-175 (DOI:10.1159/000484466)
Miteva, P; Betzelt S.,Evans T., Hein E., Herr H., Kronauer M., Mahnkopf B., Truger A., Wissen M. (eds): The Impact of the Increasing Demand for Biofuels in the EU over the Possibility to Conduct Collective Action for Reaching a Common Good: The Changes in the Community-based Management of the Common Pastures in Ethiopia, Working Paper, No. 37/2014, Institute for International Political Economy, HWR Berlin. Available online: https://www.ipe-berlin.org/fileadmin/institut-ipe/Dokumente/Working_Papers/ipe_working_paper_37.pdf